Why is tithing such a rip off?

Why is tithing such a rip off when I get such an uplift  and a feeling of love from being in church?  Why isn’t it seen as a gift?

Why do so many people dislike the fact that I give money to my church and my Pastor when they go into a shop and buy ciggarettes or stand in a bar and drink alcohol?

Why is it mainly non-believers who don’t believe in giving money to church and who believe it’s a way to get money out of weak people?

Why aren’t motivational events that uplift you for a few hours and then have you return to your old state of worry and fear a rip off?

Why is it that NOTHING has come close to providing me with the peace, joy and serenity I feel since finding my church GoodNews Ministries and yet to suggest that I give them 10% of everything I earn is met with complete shock?

When are we going to realise that giving is about giving from the heart? Have you ever bought something for someone you love just because you love them and you knew they would love it?Well I give because I know Jesus loves it.

My Pastor can’t do anything if I buy him a cow or a chicken - the old days of tithing. Money is the easiest thing to tithe plus it helps the church to function and I have even been encouraged to tithe my time and smiles (yes you can tithe smiles too :) ) so it’s not always about money but to keep supporting my spiritual development my church needs help.

Diane Corriette

1 comments:

Russell Earl Kelly said...

Although money was common in Genesis and essential for OT sanctuary worship, money was never included in 16 texts which describe the contents of the tithe over 1500 years from Leviticus to Luke.

NT giving is freewill, generous, sacrificial, joyful, not by commandment or percentage and motivated by love for God and lost souls. To some that means more than 10% and to others it means less than 10%. 2 Cor 8:12-15

Russell Earl Kelly
www.tithing-russkelly.com