January Review

Here is our very first end of the month message as we say "Farewell" to January and "Howdy" to February. This post is where Symone and I will give our individual final farewells and also tell you our favourite posts, comments and sent ins!!!!

Robyn's Favourite Post:

My favourite post this month is the poem "Heartache" (Posted 22nd Jan) by the lovely Symone, because well....it's good, ands it's a true testimony to Sym's talents!

Symone's Favourite Post:

My favourite post has to be the poem "Symone" (Posted 11th Jan) that Robyn wrote for me! Who can honestly say that they don't like having poems written about them!!! Plus i was feeling very down at the time, and it really cheered me up =]

Robyn's Favourite Comment:

This comment was made by Peter Hunkinson on Symones thought of the day for 4th Jan because he had really thought about what she had written and wrote a very thought-provoking comment. Here it is (although you will probably need to go back and read Symones thought of the day for it to make any sense!):

"I would say it's a 50/50 thing. A good teacher can't teach if the student isn't listening. Having said that if it's the whole class I guess fingers will definitely need to be pointed in the direction of the teacher. What school is that!

The system is setup to keep us all trapped in a cycle of getting a job, buying expensive things that need debts like houses and cars then having to work to make sure we keep our expensive things.

Word to the wise.... figure out something else rather than the traditional 9-5. The internet offers loads of opportunities. You don't need to become a slave to the government. You dont really need qualifications either - but I recommend them as a way to go when you can"

Symone's Favourite Comment:

My favourite comments have been all the ones by those giving me their support after the death of my uncle and those wishing me happy birthday. Thank you all very much!

Robyn's Favourite Sent In:

Mine has to be the hilarious post from Diary Of A Black Girl, "Toy Boy", posted on January 15th:

"On my way home I decided to pop into Waitrose to buy something nice for dinner. Mid shopping I felt extremely ill and decided to telephone for a cab to take me home. There I sat in the cab, feeling unwell the driver broke into conversation - you know the type looking at me in his rear view mirror, commenting on the area we were driving through remarking how nice it was. We got to my place and sat outside exchanging cash, still talking. He said ‘nice place’ I said ‘thanks it’s OK’ he said ‘do you live alone?’ I paused and said ‘yes’ he said ‘oh why don’t you get yourself a TOY BOY?’ I paused looked startled and said - ‘ ……. BECAUSE I AM TOO YOUNG!’

Work it out folks!

He pushed the change into my hand, looked embarrassed, apologised and drove off hastily.

MEN!

Lauretta x"

Symone's Favourite Sent In:

I liked "The Dream" which was posted on 18th January because it was quite similar to the sorts of things i like to write about in my poetry: Awful men and being heartbroken etc etc..all that lovely stuff:

"I had a dream about you last night

I lay there in your arms

and for a few hours in my deepest sleep I felt completely safe

You always made me feel that way

Safe and warm

Like nothing and no one could ever hurt me

The smell of you fills me and my body tingles

I need you, I ache for you, I love you.

I’m awake now and it all comes flooding back

The worry, the pain, the hurt

But at any time I can close my eyes and remember the dream

by Ananda 2008"







0 comments: