I love good TV

To some people television is this evil thing that dumbs down the mind and makes us lazy and ignorant, but I disagree: it's all about what you watch on television. If all you watch is America's Dumbest Pets then, yes, you won't gain any more than shallow entertainment. But when I finished watching Hustle, the BBC One drama, on Monday, I thought to myself "Bloody hell. Now THAT is some good writing." Hustle, Doctor Who, Waterloo Road, Gavin and Stacey, Being Erica, That '70s Show, Boy Meets World, Only Fools and Horses, Private Practice, The Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, Misfits, Grey's Anatomy, the list is endless. Fantastic drama and comedy overwhelms our television and at the heart of it is fantastic writing. I see these programmes like a visual novel and think that as long as people don't replace reading with television, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. I just hope I can be as good a screenwriter one day!!!

0 comments: